Friday, July 10, 2009

More old pictures



My cousin Eleanor Martinez in Arizona sent me these pictures. She is the grandaughter of Dorothy MacDonald Aunt Blanche's daughter.

This is a picture of Pearl Rose Potter, Blanche Rose MacDonald and Olive Rose DeRemer. They are 3 sisters. Pearl is the youngest and Olive is the oldest. I remember all three of them and used to visit Aunt Olive in San Fernando. Uncle Ed and Aunt Olive had an orange grove and I remember Uncle Ed getting up very early in the morning to set out the smuge pots. After the 1933 earthquake in Long Beach my mother, sister and I lived at their house for a good 6 months.

This is my mother's sister, Lucille Potter Miller, Dorothy MacDonald(Aunt Blanche's Daughter), someone named Vera who I don't know and Evelyn, my mother. This picture is in Long Beach down by the Pier. I love to look at the clothes and notice the bathing suits on the people in the background.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslie said...

wow, those are great. i love that beach shot!!

Ginger said...

That beach shot is amazing! I love how it captures the women in more of an everyday way than the posed portraits.