Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Well today was a big day. I had to say farewell to my lovely tree in the front yard. Its roots were going to crack our porch . The yard has become so hard to take care of that we hired a landscaper to come in and clean it out, replant it and do all of the things to soil that needed to be done to make the plants grow up healthy.
We saved some of the plants, in fact a pretty good percentage of them and he will replant them.
It will be nice when it is all done and I will post pictures when it is all planted.
It makes me so sad to see it right now because it has been so pretty.

It will be pretty again with plants that don't take so
much c are or water.

Bob's big blue truck is in the driveway.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

stephanie said...

oh grammy, i am sad to see it so bare, but i know it will be beautiful again in no time. you have a knack for gardening that i wish i had inherited.

Ginger said...

I have always loved your house. It is such a charming cottage, and the garden was so perfect for it.

I am glad you will have an easier time caring for it though. I am totally into gardens that work hard on their own. I seem to have a black thumb for anything else!

I am sure the new garden will be just as beautiful as the old, with the benefit of less work for you!

Leslie said...

bye bye tree! it does look sad to see so much soil, but surely it will be gorgeous in no time. i bet all those people who drive by and admire your house every day are thinking, oh no! hurry and put the plants back! :)

Carla said...

Your smart to re-do your garden; this is what I've been doing, also. I've taken out my roses and other thirsty perennials. When water rationing happens, we'll be prepared, Barbara!

Chelsey Brae said...

Such great memories on your front porch! Post pictures when you get all the new beautiful flowers in!