Saturday, September 22, 2007

Old Old pictures

Well today I have nothing to blog and it is past Bill's birthday so decided to do by heritage wall. Starting on the left is my grandmother and grandfather, Pearl and Milo Potter. In the middle is their wedding invitation dated April 9th, 1900. The bottom picture is my mother Evelyn and Lucille Potter as children. In the middle, the top picture is a 4 generation picture of my great great grandmother Harriet Pinney, great grandmotherEmily Pinney Rose, grandmother Pearl Rose Potter, aunt Lucille and mother Evelyn. The middle picture was taken in 1884 of my great great grandmother and grandfather Harriet and Elbert Pinney and all of their children. The back row second from the left is my great grandmother Emily. The right side top, is my Mother Evelyn and father Walter Smith.
The middle is Bessie Lossee Smith my father's mother and the bottom is Percy Smith, my father's father.

This picture is of James Parker, Bill's grandfather, when he was discharged from the Union army after the civil war. He was 18 years old.

Just another picture of the Pinney family in 1884.
Now let me think, Elbert and Harriet would be my grandchildren's great,great,great,great grandparents and my great grandchildren's great,great,great,great,great grandparents! Whew!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Leslie said...

that is a lot of greats!!
i just want to say a little thank you for always having those incredible pictures in your house, grammy. the one of james parker and his discharge papers is truly a treasure and had a major impact on my passion for family history. i remember staring at his face when i was little, imagining what it must have been like for him fighting in a war and being so young. the way he's holding his gun reveals his youth, i think, and it just makes me so interested in him. not to mention all those other "great" people and pictures. it's magical, and i'm so glad you made those pictures available to us and made them look so beautiful in your house.
i love you!

Ginger said...

I wish it was easier to get these pictures reprinted without ruining them. I would love to have pictures of our ancestors for our children to see.

Speaking of, we have no pictures of you and grampy... maybe you can send us something from the younger days... that would be fun for the kids! :-)

Barbara said...

Ginger I can make you copies and it doesn't ruin them. I will see what I can do for you.
Love and Hugs
Grammy

stephanie said...

i love those pictures! i love to think that those people are related to me. i think we all need copies.

Eclectic Eleanor said...

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! The photo of Elbert & Harriet with their children made my heart jump!
I apologize for taking so long to write again, I wrote to you quite a while ago about my grandmother, Dorothy Macdonald and my mother Patricia (Pinney) Macdonald. I have photos of teenage Evelyn and Dorothy in their bathing suits and others as well.
I'm not computer savvy but I have emailed old photos to distant relatives before. May I email the photos to you?
Eleanor
emmartinez2@cox.net

Michael said...

Hello - I'm writing you because a friend of mine is obviously related to you. Ii was doing a search of the Pinney House for my friend, Eleanor Nance, who's maiden name is Roberts. when I came across your blog. Eleanor does not have internet access so I was helping out.

Her paternal grandmother, Emily Pinney Rose Roberts Potter appears to be your great grandmother. Her grandmother, Emily, was the daughter of Elbert and Harriet Young Pinney. Eleanor is the daughter of David Berwyn Roberts, born 1890, in Los Angeles, and Elizabeth Burke Roberts. His father was David Jones Roberts, a Welsh emigrant. His mother was Emily Pinney.

My friend Eleanor was wondering if Elbert left a diary or any writings. Eleanor would love to here any stories or information you might be willing to share. Please let me know, Michael

Barbara said...

michael, i have some pictures and some history. if you send me your e-mail address i can send some you. http://longrootshighbranchesparker.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html
this is my granddaugter's blog and she has some pictures on it under my mogher's name evelyn potter smith. i hope this helps. my grandmother was pearl rose and was born in missouri before the pinney's moved to ca. she was the youngest child at that time and they came here shen she was 3 years old.
barbara

Michael said...

barbara - Thank you for getting back to me. Eleanor will be happy to have mything you have to share. My email is rigpa1@earthlink.net