Sunday, September 16, 2007

Leslie's request

Well Leslie you tagged me so here it goes! I met your grampy at a church camp for college age adults at Crestline California. It was love at first sight. He was so cute and had such a winning smile and great personality the I couldn't resist him and so I let him catch me. Our first kiss was ,believe it or not, a few days later and from then on it was history. He was just back from the service in WWII and I was a sophmore in college. My girlfriend had her eye on him but because he was just going to be a freshman she knew he was to young. Well, I knew better. I knew that he had been in the service for three years right out of high school and of course I didn't tell her.
He was going to attend Chapman College and I knew I had to go there too. So I talked to my grandpa and he agreed to pay my tuition. Off I went!! We were meant to be together because after about 4 weeks ,believe it or not, we were married and moved into the quonset huts for married students on the college campus.
We did not have much of a wedding but it was a nice on in our ministers home with our familys there. We had a small wedding cake and then headed off to the mountains for our honeymoon before going back to college.
The rest is history and after 58 years, 3 boys, 13 grandchildren and 22 great grandchildren we are still here and perking along at a pretty good speed.
Life is good and our children are spectactular. Love them all.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Leslie said...

yay! i'm so glad you did this. and that you met grampy. we wouldn't be here if you hadn't! :)

love the pictures, too. :)

stephanie said...

i love you guys!

Chelsey Brae said...

Grammy the picture of is soo beautiful, classic beauty! Grampy looks so handsome!!!too cute!