Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Whew!! I have been decorating 3'high Christmas trees all week and think I am finally done. Nine trees in all and then the 2 in the house. I am finished at last. Saturday is the Holiday Fantasy which is the big fund raiser for the Orange Republican Women. My job was to decorate the trees that businesses bought and didn't want to decorate. My other job was to get the entertainment. That was easy I just went to Chapman and got the Jazz Band to come and do "jazzy" Christmas Carols. The theme this year was 'A Jazzy Little Christmas'. Sooooo now all I need to do is go Saturday and help set everything up. We have 380 reservations so there will be a good group and the trees should bring in quite a bit. The Doubletree in Orange has been very good about helping set it up etc. We'll see how it is and hopefully we do well. I will show you pictures of my trees after Saturday. They really turned out pretty this year. Grampy and I stayed home for Thanksgiving and I cooked a turkey. We thought Bob would be here but due to circumstances beyond his control he couldn't come. It was quiet and I worked on the trees and Grampy watched football. It was a nice day. Would have been more fun with family but that isn't always possible and I am just glad that everyone had happy day. Love the pictures and blogs. Love you all Grammy

2 comments:

Leslie said...

can't wait to see your trees! i love your house at Christmastime!

stephanie said...

i will definitely miss christmas eve at your house this year. i have the best memories of those nights! i can't wait to see your trees, too. i am sure they look fabulous!